Sunday, October 21, 2007

my solid weekend

this past weekend of mine has been amazing... as soon as i took the analog midterm i was dreading (see previous post) i pretty much quarantined all my books into the corner of my room and haven't thought or touched about work until now.

thursday night i watched hairspray...



















and it was amazing. it's the second broadway show i've watched (first was mamma mia) which is kinda sad considering i've been here for over 2 years... but it was still really great. worth every penny even though it was really たかい. the performers were amazingly talented... and their voices easily reached every corner of the titanic room they performed in. after that i went to find my sister, who works/live downtown around 50th street... and it was good to see her again. honestly we haven't been seeing each other as much as we probably should because get lazy... but we both made a promise to each other to see each other more often this year (i hope we actually do it haha)



friday i went to MoMA. sadly, i'm kind of ashamed of admitting this, but this was pretty much the first time i've been to a museum in new york. once again it really blew my mind away, and it was a extremely refreshing break from all the work and everyday repetitive things i've been doing each week.. my conclusion is i should get out of my room more.

then at night my good ともだち from boston showed up to surprise me for my birthday... and i have to admit i was pretty surprised because we pretty much don't roll like that for each other... but it was really fun. i bought ビール for the first time and only drank responsibly with those who were 21 or above, because if i didn't that would be completely illegal and i respect the law completely.

saturday i was planning on going to central park but only made it to morningside park... and walked back. then i was taken to a surprise bday dinner with like 15 of my best ともだち at this place called Hawaiian Tropic. Of course, this place was consisted of 100 girls in bikinis serving us food... they took my Hooters last year. i'm kind of wondering what kind of person they think i am. but it was really fun and i was really appreciative of all my friends for planning it out... i couldn't have asked for a better night. Again, I only indulged in alcohol with those who were above 21 years old as well (the waitresses made me do it i swear...).

that basically concludes my weekend... and i guess i'm back to reality. school and work. kind of sucks but i guess that's what happens when you have to live in the real world. pretty much can't wait til Thanksgiving.

peace out

-ロバート

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ヘアスプレーはゆうめいですね。わたしもみたいです(want to see)。